GCP/ CSL Course Learning Objectives:
Students enrolled in the Community Service learning program course will…
- Explore the field of civic dialogue and develop an understanding for the ways in which personal development can enriched civic life.
- Strengthen techniques and skills necessary for devising collaborative original works.
- Expand critical thinking skills as we pursue opportunities for civic dialogue and become familiar with different conceptualizations of citizenship.
- Collaborate in crafting an interdisciplinary arts and dialogue-based curriculum with purposeful civic learning objectives.
- Cultivate problem solving skills as we see a community-based project through from start to finish.
- Experience the ways in which the community work in making intentional choices can serve as a valuable means to establish deeper connections within and between diverse communities.
- Immerse themselves in a Community Service learning partnership and discover the many significant ways in which those who hold privilege in our society can become allies and agents of change.